Local Ag Leaders Elected to Farm Credit of Florida Board of Directors
Three incumbents were recently re-elected to the Farm Credit of Florida board of directors. Additionally, individuals were elected to serve on the 2020 Nominating Committee.
Re-elected to the Farm Credit of Florida board of directors are:
- Roger W. Davis, cattle rancher, timber and row crop farmer in Alachua County
- Howard P. “Rowdy” Bateman, cattle rancher in Desoto County
- Robert G. “Bobby” Sexton, citrus grower and juice processor in Indian River County.
The Farm Credit of Florida board of directors is the governing voice of the Association, acting to represent best interests of shareholders. Farm Credit of Florida’s board members regularly participate in director development programs and trainings in addition to attending scheduled board and committee meetings.
The following individuals were elected to serve on the 2020 Nominating Committee:
- District #1: Member - Sydney R. “Reid” Purvis, Jr; Alternate – Donald G. Tanner, Jr.
- District #2: Member - Bryan J. Olmert; Alternate - Herbert C. Thomas
- District #3: Member - Kelley R. Smith, Jr; Alternate – Scott M. Brauman
- District #4: Member - Damon W. Sandlin; Alternate – Skipper Henderson
- District #5: Member - Charles W. Harrison, Jr.; Alternate - H.D. “Dan” Ryals
- District #6: Member – David P. Wheeler; Alternate – Walter Steven Farr
- District #7: Member - John M. Larson; Alternate - Jim G. Russakis
- District #8: Member – Keith W. Kettner; Alternate – Antonio R. Perez
- District #9: Member - Keith Wedgworth; Alternate – Stephen W. Bedner
- District #10: Member - Marc J. Ellenby; Alternate - John C. Torrese
Farm Credit of Florida is a member-owned agricultural lending cooperative and a member of the nationwide Farm Credit System. Farm Credit of Florida provides loans, leases and crop insurance with 13 offices serving Florida.